Since its founding in 1948, Atlanta Bonded Warehouse has grown from 42,500 square feet of low-cube storage space to a combined nearly 2 million square feet of modern, secure, high-cube storage capacity. The award-winning ABW facilities embody a number of attributes specifically designed to provide for our customers high levels of customer service and risk management for their storage and distribution needs.
Advanced Concrete Technology
- Post-tension, slab-on-grade, white-pigmented, very-flat concrete floors enhance productivity and safety.
- Super-flat floor reduces operator fatigue and lift truck maintenance & repair.
- Dramatic reduction in joint count and absence of cracking leads to a more sanitary warehouse and reduces equipment damage & wear.
ABW floors and paving have received numerous awards from the American Concrete Institute (ACI), Georgia Chapter
- Light-Reflective Floor (1993, First Place, Industrial Floors Category)
- Light-Reflective floor, Expansion (1994, First Place, Industrial Floors Category)
- Shrinkage-Compensating Concrete (SCC) Paving (1994, First Place, Paving Category)
- Light-Reflective Post-Tensioned Floor (2000, First Place, Industrial Floors Category)
- SCC Paving (2000, First Place, Paving Category) Post-Tensioned Floor (2001, First Place, Special Category)
- SCC Paving (2001, Award of Excellence)
Dock and door design
- Dock well/door design permits trailers to be backed in before opening doors.
- Dock shelters preclude access to/from dock area in vicinity of loading door.
- Integrated trailer safety restraints reduce accidents and injuries.
Fire Protection Systems
- ESFR Sprinkler Systems in all facilities
- Redundant fire pumps and multiple integrated water storage tanks at Atlanta campus
- Most facilities built to Factory Mutual safety specifications
- Atlanta campus in very close proximity (less than 1 mile) to full-service Fire/HazMat/Police facility
- Well-lit warehouse area
- Backup generators at some facilities; generator connection points at others
- Large, well-lit yard areas for personnel and equipment security
- Only food or food-compatible products stored in facilities
- Temperature and humidity controlled in all Atlanta facilities
- Fenced property perimeter
- Guarded entrances/exits
Pallet Storage Racks
- Atlanta facilities fully racked in various configurations (double and single-deep)
- Extensive use of storage racks reduces product damage and enhances inventory accuracy
- Racks can be re-configured to meet the needs of individual accounts.
- Most rack bed sections have welded, integrated, front-to-back runners for safety and productivity.
- High-strength racks (racks rated from 2650 to 3500 lbs per position)
- High cube facilities (5 to 7 pallet positions high)